Smoky Pimenton and Sherry-Roasted Alaska Black Cod
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 4 Alaska Black Cod fillets (6 to 8 oz. each), fresh or thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pimenton (smoked Spanish paprika)
- Season Alaska Black Cod fillets with salt and pepper. Add sherry and parsley to large zip-top plastic bag. Add fillets, seal bag and turn several times to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove fillets from marinade; discard marinade.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Add oil to oven-safe skillet and heat to medium-high. Add black cod fillets to pan, skin side up, and sauté in oil for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned. Turn fillets over and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Finish thicker fillets in oven, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout. Sprinkle with pimenton before serving.