Recipe from Simply Recipes
- 2 cups, packed, of cilantro, large stems removed
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped and seeded serrano chile
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse the cilantro, almonds, onion, chile, and salt until well blended. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Add more oil as needed for your use.
- Makes about 1 cup.
- Whatever you don’t use, you can freeze. Line a ice cube tray with plastic wrap and fill in the individual cube spaces with the pesto. Freeze and remove from the ice tray, put in a sealed freezer bag for future use.